utl_file causing end-of-file on communication channel

From: <oystein_at_info-expert.no>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 22:45:52 GMT

I need to write some data to a file in a pl/sql procedure. I try to use the utl_file package but it is not working. I have set the utl_file_dir = c:\temp in the init.ora and i tried this test procedure i maked:
is

	Katalog varchar2(200);
	FilNavn varchar2(200);
	SkriveFil UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;
begin
	Katalog := 'c:\temp';
	FilNavn := 'utfil.txt';
	SkriveFil := UTL_FILE.FOPEN(Katalog,FilNavn,'a');
	UTL_FILE.PUT_LINE(SkriveFil,FilNavn);
	UTL_FILE.FCLOSE(SkriveFil);

end

I run it from sqlplus and gets the error messages:

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

I have to start a new sqlplus session to connect to the database again.

When i look in the schema manager i see that the utl_file has no package body just a package definition.

Anyone knows what i doing wrong?