Re: NT:Oracle ODBC driver are poor.

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:42:54 +0200

Jerry Gitomer wrote in message <35641C38.3FA0_at_ictgroup.com>...
>Last place I worked the poor saps developing in VB5 (it was forced on
>them by (M)IS Management) wound up using OLE 4.0. I am probably wrong
>but I thought that by doing so they avoided the ODBC drivers.

<grumbling>
I really fail to understand why management want to get involve in technical decisions. Just because an IS manager programmed in COBOL on an old IBM 3790 or something, he thinks he is qualified and experienced enough to make technical decisions about designing and implementing client-server systems.

It's even worse when the saleman joins the fray... <sigh> Received on Fri May 22 1998 - 06:42:54 CDT