Re: Reporting tools

From: <Jon_Green_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 10:19:01 GMT

In article <6jcfsn$kmu$1_at_ezekiel.eunet.ie>,   "Colin Lyons" <colinl_at_commerzbank.ie> wrote:

> Basic Question. Has anybody an opinion on BUSINESS OBJECTS vs CRYSTAL as a
> reporting tool over an ORACLE database. This is as regards initial
> setup,maintenance as well as report flexibility and complexity.
>
> Cheers...

Colin,

My personel experience would push me towards using Business Objects and its associated tool set. Having evaluated the two products for use in the current project we are working on, Business Objects offered a lot more in terms of flexibility and management tools.

With the advent of Web Intelligence Business Objects now allows you to write reports and interactively hit oracle databases all via the web with no installations on the desktop.

Management of Business Objects is handled through the Supervisor module which provide an intuitive interface for managing reports, universes and users.

These are my views only but I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jon.