converting from interbase to oracle

From: John Hunter <jthunter_at_nospamever.nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: 12 May 1998 16:36:52 GMT

Hi,

We are looking at converting our current interbase database to an oracle 7 database.

We have a tool that will convert the main schema, but are in need of a tool that will help convert the views and/or triggers.

I'm also wondering what others have done with null values. How does oracle handle nulls? In interbase a null is represented as 17-Nov-1858, how about oracle?

Any words of wisdom on converting from interbase to oracle would be great!

Thanks,
-John

P.S. please remove the nospam stuff if replying by email Received on Tue May 12 1998 - 11:36:52 CDT