Re: Oracle Alert with Oracle General Ledger

From: Russell D. Sketchley <aa542_at_chebucto.ns.ca>
Date: 8 May 1998 18:44:32 GMT

Patricia Pires (defaultuser_at_domain.com) wrote:
: Hi,

: I'm triing to get ALert to work with General Ledger v.10.7 and i'm
: not getting anywhere!

: I'd like to be able to send someone a message if a new Journal Entry
: is created.

: Is it possible ? How can I do this ? Can you help me ?

: If you are able to help me , i'd apreciate it

: Thank you very much

: Maria Manuel Serra
: mns_at_novabase.pt

Are you running character-based or GUI? I'm not sure if there are any differences in Alerts since both versions use the same database, but I haven't seen GUI-type Alerts.

In any case, we have developed an alert along those lines. In our case, it sends out an e-mail for manual journal entries greater than a given amount.

Ifthis sounds like it might be useful, feel free to e-mail me at russell.sketchley_at_nspower.ns.ca. I'll see it much sooner if you send the e-mail to that address rather than just responding to this one.

Russell Sketchley Received on Fri May 08 1998 - 13:44:32 CDT