Re: To the moderator

From: Eric Junkermann <eric_at_deptj.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/05/02

I assume that the original post was criticised for wasting group bandwidth with something off-topic. Instead we now waste far more bandwidth arguing about it (Well, not waste, the discussion is interesting, but it's *still* off-topic!).

As far as I'm concerned, totally off-topic posts should be just ignored, but near-topic or ambiguous posts should be receive polite and sensible responses. This means that if you know (for certain) where a question should have been asked, say so, then ignore the thread; if you know and are prepared to supply the answer (and hence that it is off-topic), answer by email.

Unless, of course, you enjoy being rude, in which case we'll all ignore you sooner or later.

Eric Received on Sat May 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CDT