Ask about LDAP integration and image handling

From: Bence Szabo <bszabo_at_icon.hu>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 10:37:53 +0200

We are working on a large web-dbms based project. Our task is to build a multimedia database and publish and maintain it via web with OWS 3.0. We have two unresolved problematic tasks: 1. How can we use LDAP based user authentication with OWS 3, and how to set up the SSL port with SERVER CERTIFICATE authenticated by inhouse Netscape Certificate Server ? (It looks like the web server generated certificate request has unknown format for netsc.cert.server.)
2. We want to store the images on the rdbms. Are there any easy way (some util , third party product etc.) to handle it via web based interface. Our expectations are upload, download, publish images with a simple netscape 4.* browser. There are some free (and unsupported) util on govt.us.oracle.com that made near the expected tasks, but it generate a lot of core-s :(.(= unstable for us).

--
Bence Szabo mailto:bszabo_at_icon.hu
ICON Computing Ltd. http://www.icon.hu