Re: Query with same plan running longer

From: Jonathan Lewis <jlewisoracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 13:07:05 +0000

 Obvious guess number 2 would have been about storage indexes Obvious guess number 3 would have been about flash cache I don't think I would have got to passthru without the statistics in front of me.

If you don't look at your own results and think about them, and don't show us any relevant information, we just have to keep guessing until you confirm a guess; and that's a huge waste of effort. You spotted the passthru - what did you discover about that. Didn't you notice the "blocks decrypted"?

NAME Diff
blocks decrypted 11,058,075
cell physical IO interconnect bytes 90,600,000,000 cell num bytes in passthru due to quarantine 90,600,000,000 cell num smart IO sessions using passthru mode due to cellsrv 1 cell physical IO interconnect bytes returned by smart scan 90,600,000,000 cell num bytes in passthru during predicate offload 90,600,000,000

All your extra I/O corresponds to passthru - and the number of blocks decrypted (which could consume a lot of CPU) by the database is a good match the interconnect bytes. And there's a message there about quarantine - which should be investigated. And all that passthru happens during smart scan and predicate offload.