RE: Is nfs reliable?

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 05:16:10 +0000

I have run Databases on NFS. Particularly good if you have a good vendor like NetApps.

I have also run 9iRAC on NetApps NFS.

Hemant K Chitale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Michael Cunningham Sent: Friday, June 03, 2016 1:02 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists org
Subject: Is nfs reliable?

I had someone tell me today that nfs should not be relied on and it should not be used for a shared mount that needed to be reliably available.

Has anyone ever hear this before?

--

Michael Cunningham

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jun 03 2016 - 07:16:10 CEST

Original text of this message