(Solved): Windows question (regarding utl_file.fopen and file shares)

From: Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 14:32:59 -0900

Thanks to all who replied!

The db server is what was replaced. The files that existed on the share had strange ownership
because they were created by the db server that died. The server that was used to replaced it
has a different ID and it was this server that needed to be granted access.

As someone who doesn't work on Windows very much, this was very enlightening!

  • Maureen

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Maureen English <maureen.english_at_alaska.edu