Tde and Rman

From: max scalf <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 12:04:21 -0500

Hello list,

This might be a easy question but I am trying to find a solid answer for it. Let's say if I have Tde configured at tablespace level and nothing else and then I start an Rman backup to disk or tape/nbu without messing around with encryption inside Rman....will those backup files be encrypted? From the docs I read it say encrypted data/tablespace is unchanged and backed up...so not clear on the unchanged per.

One other thing I am confused about is, if I setup auto login local for my Tde wallet, from what I understand is that the master key cannot be copied over to another machine and db restored there will not work? If so how do I restore this db in case of DR?