Re: Service names and dataguard

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 08:56:11 -0500

You can use a trigger or srvctl to assign service names based on database role (primary or physical standby). You can then set up a single entry with 2 ip addresses (failover type entry) and it will connect to whichever node has the correct service name. Let me know if you need examples. For tnsnames, many companies will have a single file under version control for the entire company.

Sent from my iPad