RMAN backup on RAC w/ ASM

From: Chris King <ckaj111_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 11:51:19 -0700 (PDT)

This is probably a real newbie question..  I'm working on a new installation of RAC, and am testing an rman backup/restore. (I've done many rman backup/restores before on stand-alones.) I am puzzled why the process seems to go thru without error, but the data is not actually restored. Does anyone have a clue what I'm missing? I have a two node rac installation, and am storing the backups using ASM. I did all the work on node1 only.. Here are the steps. 1. log on to rac node1. create a table named tester. and insert 3 rows into the table, commit. 2. alter system switch logfile; 3. do a full rman backup + an incremental (from rac node1) -- backups are stored in ASM 4. drop the table named tester. (from rac node1) 5. shutdown the database, mount one instance only (rac node1) 6. restore database; recover database; alter database open; (on rac node1) 7. bring up the instance on node2 as well. 8. connect on node1 and select * from tester -- the table does not exist. Any idea what I'm missing? Thanks in advance.. ChrisK