Re: Diskgroups for redo, controlfiles, and temp?

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 16:48:15 +0200

Hi

I dont usually seperate these files anymore. I only do if split mirror or snapshot technologies are used for backup or environment creation purposes.

However if you are running AIX and using CIO (JFS2 feature) I do recommend you move the redo log to a specific filesystem, it does see a performance improvement.

Regards