Re: Sparc T5-4 and LDOM performance

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 01:03:13 +0100

Hi

Is it RAC? If it is but your load is not high enough you probably wont hit the problem. In our case we had large load (112 CPU with 60 to 70 runquue) and under that workload we hit a Solaris 11 bug where all RAC RT process contend CPU in a single RT runqueue and literally kills the performance but even with the fix the performance improvement is only roughly 10% over M9000. Compared with other processors such as Intel or IBM Power T5 is not as fast as it seems.

Thanks