Re: going back to physical standby from logical standby

From: Qaiser <qrasheed_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 23:09:31 -0600

Instantiating the table should be faster than applying archive redologs from a massive update. When you instantiate a table, oracle uses datapump under the hood to synch up the table from primary to the standby site.

I would suggest skipping the current update on your logical standby. Instantiate the table followed by UNSKIP.

Hope this helps!

--Qaiser