RE: 11g Grid Control Configuration Issue

From: Michael Dinh <mdinh_at_XIFIN.Com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 04:02:18 -0700

Nial is correct. The syntax for 11g Grid Control are different.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11857_01/em.111/e16790/emctl.htm#BABFEEAJ

What version of the database are you using?

From experience, I find it much faster just the start over from scratch versus troubleshooting the beast.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield [niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:33 PM To: kjped1313_at_yahoo.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: 11g Grid Control Configuration Issue

Scott is correct for 11g - emctl is the tool to use for this version. I would however check the likely environment variables carefully. PATH,ORACLE_HOME,TNS_ADMIN etc.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 11:23 PM, Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313_at_yahoo.com<mailto:kjped1313_at_yahoo.com>> wrote: I'm with Lyall, I believe you are looking for the opmnctl vs. the emctl for your stand alone installation.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Sep 30 2010 - 06:02:18 CDT