Re: RAC h/w basic costs

From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:36:53 -0500

I would add one very strong recommendation -

It might make the numbers less attractive, but if you're considering a move to RAC then you absolutely should plan for a minimum of two cluster databases - one for testing/development and one for production. It's a really bad idea to plan on testing only with non-RAC systems. Make sure to include that in your hardware planning. Also consider licensing.

-Jeremy

--
http://www.ardentperf.com
+1 312-725-9249