RE: 11g RAC oraenv question

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:54:16 -0400

Same here….

Rather annoying that Oracle *still* hasn’t fixed this! Even in 11.2.0.1.0……

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:56 AM
To: cjnewman_at_uillinois.edu
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org; oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: 11g RAC oraenv question

I always add the instance to the oratab file.

joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

"Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman_at_uillinois.edu>

"oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>

03/30/2010 08:54 AM

11g RAC oraenv question

Sent by:

oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

Greetings,

We have a database named ‘T’, with instances T1 and T2. The default entry in the oratab looks something like this:

T:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1:N # line added by Agent

. oraenv T, sets the *home* correctly, but does not set the instance. We have to manually export ORACLE_SID=T1.

Does anyone have a good way to overcome this? We have some aliases set up and I’m having a heck of a time getting them to work with this current setup.

For example, we have an alias that does a less on the alert log, and it’s based off the ORACLE_SID:

alert='less $ORACLE_BASE/admin/$ORACLE_SID/bdump/alert*log'

In our RAC instances, I think it will look something like this, but I’m missing a piece, with INSTANCE_NAME being a variable I’m not sure how to grab (multiple databases/instances on the box).

alert='less $ORACLE_BASE/diag/rdbms/$ORACLE_SID/$INSTANCE_NAME /trace/alert*log'

Thanks- Chris