RE: Do you use KEEP Buffer Pool in your production system?

From: Rajesh Rao <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:34:29 -0400

Well, its horses for courses. We do use the KEEP pool to cache our most often used indexes. Have performed tests before and after and seen decrease in disk reads/elapsed times (50 to 80ms) for our main application calls. We sized the keep pool according to the size of the objects we expect to cache there. One could argue that we might have seen the same results by increasing our default cache. But then, consider the various batch jobs that perform massive reads. That would, in turn, make a good case for creating a recycle pool :)

It's a poor man's 11g flash cache :)

http://dioncho.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/loading-index-to-keep-buffer-pool/

http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2010/03/20/not-keeping/

Regards