Re: cheapest way to setup replication using oracle

From: bao jiejie <baojiejie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:37:12 -0800

thanks a lot Glenn.

I never setup that kind of "DATA Guard" before, I just ask you ,need I setup the slave DB in "managed recovery" mode manually and how to let it apply those logs from Master DB ? Also, those views like V$archived_logs are still helpful for monitoring the logs are applied or not ? I will try to setup the environment and begin test soon, but if you can give me some hint or some links about it , that will be very great! thanks a lot , I will also try to google it for solutions because I think it is much easier than using stream plus MV.

Thanks again.

Yours Danny

--

Best regards,