RE: catsearch and latch: cache buffers chains waits

From: <Craig.Healey_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:06:05 +0100

Hi,

What's your search query, and what settings have you got for your index? Oracle 10 or 11?

Craig

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Dba DBA Sent: 26 February 2010 15:24
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: catsearch and latch: cache buffers chains waits

I am trying to tune a query that uses the catsearch function and this appears to be the problem. I first looked at the event in v$session and noticed latch: cache buffers chains. This typically indicates excess parsing, but this is just 1 query?

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known. If this message contains password-protected attachments, the files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain. Always scan attachments before opening them.