Re: Using AMM with Linux RAC

From: Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:01:33 +0000

Hi,
If the database instance has not done much work yet, the SGA probably has not had the need to allocate more memory for itself.

Yes, if /dev/shm is sized to 16GB then the memory_target cannot exceed this, because Oracle will not let the database startup if there is not at least memory_target amount of free space in /dev/shm. As you probably guessed, the OS sized /dev/shm at 50% of RAM, but it can be resized. I cannot provide the instructions for them, but they are out there.

Regards

Pete

--
Regards