Re: Where do you set NLS_LANG

From: Surachart Opun <surachart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 21:54:23 +0700

  1. Fix export NLS_LANG in Script to start Application Example: http server apache: if you start by "apachectl" file modify apachectl file by adding export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.TH8TISASCII
  2. user profile (user use start application)

if you use oracle user (linux)

$ vi ~oracle/.bash_profile
and add

export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.TH8TISASCII

Or in /etc/profile file

by the way, check NLS_LANG environment before start application

$ env | grep NLS
$ export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.TH8TISASCII
$ .... start app

Surachart Opun
http://surachartopun.com