Re: Which query is best?

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:30:10 -0800

Hi Syed,

Not sure if you mentioned the Database version where this runs. A while ago I had written a short article on using ORA_ROWSCN to provide optimistic locking in 10g. Let me know if you need this article and I can email it to you.

The other side of the issue is this: What is your App Server tier that runs this application? If you are running a stateless connection, you really cannot (and should not) expect pessimistic locking to work.

--

John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj http://jkanagaraj.wordpress.com (Sorry - not an Oracle blog!) ** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do not reflect those of my employer or customers **

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Dec 15 2009 - 15:30:10 CST

Original text of this message