Oracle Spatial - SRID

From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:15:33 -0200

Hi friends,

 Is there any performance impact using SRID 8302 for polygons composed by x,y coordinates.
 8302 is the value for geodesic cartesian coordinates and x,y is related a projected cartesian coordinates

 I saw in the net this answer, but it does not refer to performance.

    http://wiki.oracle.com/thread/1108598/SDO_SRID+use+it+or+not%3F

 Does anyone have experience with performance based on SRID information ?

 I also saw that for projected system coordinate the math is easier than geodesic system.
 Is it true ?

 When must I use geodesic SRID or projected SRID ?

Tks
Eriovaldo