RE: Filewatcher frustration

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:41:52 -0000

This whole diag destination sucks. What Oracle keeps changing location of every file in every release. Why the heck they can't put all the logs in 1 place.

Vishal

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield Sent: 20 November 2009 20:07
To: daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Filewatcher frustration

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com> wrote:

I've installed the scheduler agent and it is running. The only entries in $ORACLE_HOME/data/agent.log (thanks for the obvious location and file name Oracle!) are related to start/stop

part of the whole new diag_dest approach I guess!!

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA