Re: Imports and materialized views

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 17:14:05 -0800

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 12:29 PM, J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> When doing a refresh from prod (export) to test (import) database, do
> materialized views that are in the current test environment need to be
> dropped first before running the import into that test database?

That would probably be a good idea if they are the same MV's.

It might not be too important if you are going to recreate the MV's anyway, but it could

  1. use up a lot of disk space
  2. generate a lot of errors
  3. both

When you import MV's, the refresh jobs have a tendency to be created in the account of the importing user or SYSTEM, I forget which. After the import you will want to check for strange refresh jobs that don't work.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com