RE: sreadtim and mreadtim < 1ms

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 15:35:13 -0700

Hey Rich, please see responses below.

Thanks,
Brandon

> you're sure that the low values are due to OS caching?

        It's mostly OS caching, but some SAN caching also - either way Oracle's 'physical reads' are very rarely true physical reads so they are almost always occurring in < 1ms

> I tried to see what a 10053 trace says for me, but that info doesn't appear to be available in the trace on 10.1

        It was added in 10.2.0.1 according to Jonathan Lewis' Cost-Based Oracle Fundamentals (p.18)

> It could always be a reporting problem in the trace

        True, I'm doing more testing to see if the values are actually being used or not.