RE: log_archive_dest_state_2

From: Newman, Christopher <cjnewman_at_uillinois.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:44:03 -0500

Hi Joe,

The secondary location isn't an 'overflow' one; it gets written to concurrently with the primary. If you are having space issues, a good option is to run rman archivelog backup periodically to backup the files and move them someplace else. Make sure to 'delete input' or 'delete all input' depending on your need to keep one or both of your archival locations cleaned up.

  • Chris