RE: OT - Getting fired for database oops

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 11:26:58 -0500 (CDT)

> Moral as always, check, check again, breathe 5 times, check again, 5 > more breaths, check once more....then push the RETURN key.

I usually get a few odd looks/smiles when someone's standing over my shoulder as I'm logging out of an RDP session connected to any Winders server. Said out loud:

"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm on the [correct] server."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."
"I'm logging off -- NOT shutting down."

Depending on how much caffeine I've had, the day I've had, or how distracting the situation is, I may also mix up the above and/or add some more reps.

Only THEN do I click OK. It's a whole lot easier than fixing the problems. :)

Rich