Re: Enterprise mangler

From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 08:31:42 -0500

I could not agree more! This should be an interesting thread. =) EM seems to be Oracle's tool of choice, yet managing EM itself is a chore and a completely new set of skills. And very buggy. It has some awesome potential and some really cool ideas, some of which even work quite great. But the product as a whole flounders because of the problems, both minor and major.

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 07:19, Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> EM is great when it works. But I seem to spend a lot of time fixing it
> - apart from Grid
> what other tools can monitor an enterprise of databases what do you
> recommend?
>
> --
> Howard A. Latham

Charles Schultz