Recovery - files in OS directories?

From: J. Dex <cemail_219_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 16:15:15 -0400

Other than /etc/oratab, are there any other files that Oracle would have in the OS directories that may need to be backed up/restored for recovering from a disaster? We are hoping to restore the software (which is all on a seperate mount point - /u01), relink, and then restore the databases using RMAN. This will all be done on a new server that has the same OS but will have a new install of the OS since it is a new server. That is why I am asking whether there are any specific files in the OS (AIX) directories that should also be backed up in order to get the entire system back up to speed in the fastest amount of time.

See what people are saying about Windows Live. Check out featured posts. http://www.windowslive.com/connect?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_connect2_082008