Re: AWR Usage Poll

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:26:28 -0700 (PDT)

even though it is installed by default you have to license the diagnostics and tuning packs to actually legally use them. the 10g licensing manual describes this in detail. ----- Original Message ---- From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@gmail.com> To: oracle-l@freelists.org Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 7:21:00 PM Subject: Re: AWR Usage Poll What do you mean by separately licensed product? I use it in every product. Its installed by default with the enterprise edition version. I did not know there was a separate license. On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Jared Still <jkstill@gmail.com> wrote: I am curious about the acceptance and usage of AWR (Active Workload Repository) This has been around a few years now, and I see some bits of conversations where the assumption is made that AWR is available when troubleshooting a problem. Such is not always the case however, as AWR is a separately licensed product. Don't forget, ASH (Active Session History) is also part of AWR, and subject to the same licensing restrictions. Which brings me to the poll. http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/352785 This should take a couple of minutes at the most, as there are only 10 multiple choice questions.  There is room for a written response to many of the questions as well, should you feel the need to embellish. This poll is open until 8/31/2008.  It is set to a maximum of 500 responses, which is probably sufficient. Thanks! -- Jared Still Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist