RE: Does ASM's EXTERNAL REDUNDANCY concatenate?

From: Oliver Jost <Oliver.Jost_at_ca.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:09:25 -0400

Hi Martin,

   Oracle will stripe (1MB) across your RAID (creating a plaid) which is okay as long as the stripes of your raid are a multiple of 1MB (e.g. 256KB stripes). You could create you backend RAID and present with 6 (x2GB) LUNs carved from your RAID config as your diskgroups.

Just some thoughts.

Good luck,

   Oliver