Re: GC preferred credentials for Win server hosts

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:21:52 -0500 (CDT)

The plot (or the gravy?) thickens. After finally finding the things the article mentions in the Local Policies, I tried testing the account from GC as a "normal" login. Success!

Since this account has a ton of privs, I thought I'd also test it as a "privileged" account. Unfortunately, I didn't re-enter the password for the normal account in the same line on that GC screen, so the test failed. However, now all tests for that account fail.

As near as I can tell, the Win account is only temporarily disabled after several login failures. And I've waited over an hour now, but it still fails.

Continuing the test. I smell another Wiki page entry coming on once I figure out how to get this to work...

Did I mention that I wish I could have had Linux put on the server???

Rich