RE: Certifications don't count!

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:18:30 -0400

For most problems more than one approach to finding and implementing a solution to the problem are possible. The problem with the scenario approach is that so far the tests have often not presented the same combination of facts and solution steps that I think I would use and follow to determine and fix the problem. Working the way the test preparer worked then becomes a test in itself.

The big problem to me on the 9i examination was that a lot of the questions had 5 possible answers where two were definitely correct and two were definitely wrong but if the remaining item should be selected as part of the answer depended on the point of view of the questioner or on missing information.

On the 10g examination if the test wanted three choices it told you to pick three choices.

  • Mark D Powell -- Phone (313) 592-5148