Re: RAC background process question

From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <riyaj.shamsudeen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:10:19 -0500

Rick

    Specification of these background processes are instance specific. So, if you have specified 10 DBWRs, then 10 DBWRs will be started in that instance. Every instance will have at least, minimally required background processes for a RAC instance such as LGWR, DBWR, PMON, LMD,LMON proceses etc..

Cheers
Riyaj Shamsudeen
The Pythian Group www.pythian.com
Personal blog: orainternals.wordpress.com