EM10gr2 Grid Control Reporting Question

From: Newman, Christopher <cjnewman_at_uillinois.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:15:03 -0500

Hello,

I'm attempting to create a custom report in 10gr2 EM, looking for auditing information. I know there is a separate report for failed logins (which runs successfully), but the actual SQL isn't visible, and I want to include this section in a comprehensive report.

I've set up my custom report using the element 'Table from SQL' and the SQL looks something like this:

select os_username, action_name, timestamp from dba_audit_trail where timestamp > sysdate-90;

However, when looking at the preview, I'm getting:

Error rendering element. Exception: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I'm logged into the grid as 'sysman', and I have preferred credentials set for the database target in question; both standard and sysdba credentials. I can login manually with either of my preferred creds and successfully query dba_audit_trail (or sys.aud$ the underlying table, or course), also, the 'test' of preferred creds in EM returns successfully.

The only thing emoms.log shows is:

2008-06-04 12:12:11,162 [EMUI_12_12_11_/console/reports/render] ERROR elem.TableRenderBean prepareData.1033 - SQL Error Executing Query - select os_username, action_name, timestamp from dba_audit_trail where timestamp > sysdate-90 - Exception message: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

So I'm not sure where I'm going wrong in terms of permissions, or where to find the actual SQL that EM is using to generate the report.

Thanks- Chris