Re: Mystery "unable to extend" error

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 19:02:19 -0500

This is all without looking at 8i syntax.

  1. dba_tablespaces shows the tablespace defaults (i.e. if you create a segment and don't enter one of those parameters, this is the what it'll use). It sounds to me like someone put pctincrease of 50 on the lobsegment.
  2. I think this will work "alter table <table_name> modify lob <lob_name> storage(pctincrease 0) or something similar -- Bradd Piontek Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/piontekdd Oracle Blog: http://piontekdd.blogspot.com Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/piontekdd Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/piontekdd/