RE: data warehouse books

From: Stephens, Chris <chris_stephens_at_admworld.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:10:03 -0500

I think that entirely depends on what role(s) you are going to fill on the project.

For design:

http://www.amazon.com/Data-Warehouse-Toolkit-Complete-Dimensional/dp/047 1200247/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2945007-8434363?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=11937639 48&sr=8-1

For data warehousing in an Oracle database:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14223/toc.htm

For ETL:

http://www.amazon.com/Data-Warehouse-ETL-Toolkit-Techniques/dp/076456757 8/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b/104-2945007-8434363

For Master Data Management:

Hmm...not sure

For project management:

Possibly:
http://www.amazon.com/Impossible-Data-Warehouse-Situations-Addison-Wesle y/dp/0201760339/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-2945007-8434363?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid= 1193764093&sr=1-1

I'd also look into getting a membership with TDWI.org. You'll get access to a number of white papers that I'm sure would prove to be very useful.

Will you be making use of OLAP? Good luck on trying to learn how to do anything outside of the box with Oracle OLAP.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Joe Smith Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:52 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: data warehouse books

What are the must read data warehouse books?

I am going to be working on a data warehouse project and want to get a "how to build a data warehouse" book.

I have seen Kimball's books and William Inmon.

What is the first book to start with?

thanks.

Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook - together at last. Get it now!
<http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx?pid=CL100 626971033>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
        This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply..