RE: {Disarmed} Re: dataguart fal issue

From: Shamsudeen, Riyaj <RS2273_at_att.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:22:02 -0500

>> new DC with changed net architecture

What is the architectural change? VLAN ?

Can you do tnsping to that fal_server entry ? Can you try to do sqlplus to that fal_server entry and print the error message here?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of goran bogdanovic Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2007 11:03 AM To: Carel-Jan Engel
Cc: Roman Podshivalov; oracle-l
Subject: Re: {Disarmed} Re: dataguart fal issue

yes, the parameters are set correctly...the whole configuration has been working for a long time w/o problems...2 days ago is prim. server moved to new DC with changed net architecture...and since then we have problems...I was assuming that FW is a problem so the net guys opened all ports (at least I have been told so) for a short to test if it works now...no luck...the problem persist...

On 10/30/07, Carel-Jan Engel <careljan_at_dbalert.eu> wrote:

Did you set the FAL_SERVER / FAL_CLIENT parameters? If so, does the FAL_CLIENT (as configured in the standby instance) point to the Standby? (e.g. the same as the service mentioned in the LOG_ARCHOVE_DEST_n parameter)

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

	dangerous content by MailScanner <http://www.mailscanner.info/>
, and is
	believed to be clean.