Re: Reorg to put columns in order

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:31:10 +1000

Hi Mark and list,

My old article is still at
http://www.ixora.com.au/tips/table_column_order.htm

However, the impact of column order on fetching a value from a row was greatly reduced at 10g. My column 1 v column 10 example now typically returns a difference of only 1% to 2%.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@   http://www.ixora.com.au/         - For DBAs
@   http://www.christianity.net.au/  - For all