Database Technology Roadmap

From: Bob Robert <mssql_2002_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:11:07 -0700 (PDT)

Have you done some kind of study regarding "Database Technology Roadmap" in your current job. I am looking for some suggestions for the following areas.

1) what is the right database (oracle, sql server, db2, mysql, etc).
2) Based on skill set, new project might select known database
3) what are the advantages between these DB's (one might have RAC,
other one might have MS SQL cluster)
4) How cost effective and reliability of these solutions. 5) How is the future looks like? at least next three years.

I would really appreciate if you could shed some light in this regards.

Thanks,
Bob

Do You Yahoo!?