Re: practice for backup and recovery

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:19:20 -0500

Ajeet,

I think that generally most people are doing well to practice just a few recovery scenarios. :-)
If you read various DBA backup and recovery books that discuss how to recover from various situations, you may be able to compile your own list, and perhaps share it with this group for futher feedback. The Oracle Education Backup & Recovery class walked you through a number of common scenarios. Then the last day the teacher would have you prepare a database, ask you to leave the room, then you would return and attempt to diagnose and recover your database. I think the Oracle Masters examination also did something of that sort, if I recall correctly.

Just off the top of my head, some that come to mind are:

Dennis Williams