Re: ON COMMIT FAST MViews seems to be less than bulletproof

From: Alexander Fatkulin <afatkulin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:12:35 -0400

As one example...

SQL> create table t (n number);

Table created.

SQL> create materialized view mv_t
  2 refresh complete on commit
  3 with rowid
  4 as select * from t;

Materialized view created.

SQL> alter materialized view mv_t add constraint ck_n check (n > 0);

Materialized view altered.

SQL> insert into t values (-1);

1 row created.

SQL> commit;
commit
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12008: error in materialized view refresh path ORA-02290: check constraint (SYSTEM.CK_N) violated

alert log:

Mon Jun 18 09:10:19 2007

--
Alexander Fatkulin