RE: New record for sales call?

From: Brady, Mark <Mark.Brady_at_Constellation.Com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:29:28 -0400

If the rest of the list has a problem with it as I do, you fixed it like this.

IT CONVERGENCE is lurking in this listserv for sales leads - ignore their phone calls, eschew their advances, add their domain to spam filters. There.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Baumgartel, Paul Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:44 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: New record for sales call?

I just got off the phone with a woman from a company called IT Convergence. She called me to say that she had heard I was looking for help with a RAC migration project. At first I couldn't imagine where she had gotten such information--then it dawned on me that I had posted here earlier today asking for opinions about the best way to upgrade 9i RAC to 10g. When I mentioned this, the caller agreed that someone from her company probably was monitoring the list to generate sales leads.

I don't know what the policy of the list is with respect to subscribers using it as a source for sales prospects, but I was sure annoyed.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
Securities Processing Databases Americas One Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10010
USA
Phone 212.538.1143
paul.baumgartel_at_credit-suisse.com
www.credit-suisse.com

>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2