Sql Developer

From: Dennis Cutshall <DennisCutshall_at_mail.und.nodak.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:51:10 -0500

Hi,

We are looking at using Oracle's SQL Developer as a development tool. Does anyone have any experience with this product? If so, please pass on your findings. We are particularly concerned about security. We noticed that any user e.g. Scott, can look at many of the objects in SYS and SYSTEM. Is this a concern, or are those normally public?

Dennis

Dennis Cutshall
Data Base Administrator
University of North Dakota ITSS
Phone: (701) 777-4109
Fax: (701)777-3978
E-Mail: DennisCutshall_at_mail.und.nodak.edu