Re: RMAN backups hanging

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:44:30 -0700 (PDT)

hmmmm.... offhand don't have a clue. Did you check the alert log? Also look in the trace files in bdump and see if there are any in udump that might shine some light on the problem.

Robert

> We switched from local to another domain and
> therefore switched our
> sqlnet.authentication=NTS to NONE and our backups
> began failing due to
> insufficient privileges and continued to fail for
> several days. I have
> switched back to sqlnet.authentication=NTS and the
> backup now begins to run
> but then appears to just hang at channel
> ORA_DISK_1: starting piece 1 at
> 14-APR-07. No other errors are reported, it just
> hangs there. Does
> anybody have any idea why this might be happening?
>
> Starting backup at 14-APR-07
> allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1
> channel ORA_DISK_1: sid=69 devtype=DISK
> channel ORA_DISK_1: starting full datafile backupset
> channel ORA_DISK_1: specifying datafile(s) in
> backupset
> input datafile fno=00010
> name=G:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PD\PDDATA.DBF
> input datafile fno=00002
> name=H:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PD\UNDOTBS2.ORA
> input datafile fno=00007
> name=H:\ORACLE\ORADATA\PD\SYSTEMP01.DBF
> channel ORA_DISK_1: starting piece 1 at 14-APR-07
>

> Mortgage rates near historic lows. Refinance
> $200,000 loan for as low as
> $771/month*

Robert G. Freeman
Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Oracle Replication (Rampant Tech Press)
Mastering Oracle8i (Sybex)
Oracle8 to 8i Upgrade Exam Cram (Coriolis <RIP>) Oracle 7.3 to 8 Upgrade Exam Cram (Coriolis <RIP>)