RE: dbms_scheduler

From: <jim.silverman_at_thomson.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:58:23 -0400

Joel, the code snippets you included don't provide quite enough information to fully analyze the situation. In particular, it's not clear whether the whse_extract job you created will be executed once and
(by default) dropped when completed, or whether it will be set up as a
repeating process. If the former, then of course you won't be able to drop it (because it's already gone), nor will you find any corresponding entry in the ALL_SCHEDULER_JOBS view. However, the job history will be saved in the logs, which you seem to be able to find.

From the evidence provided, it seems as though the job you are creating is, in fact, a run-once-and-drop item. Does this sound plausible?

Jim Silverman
Senior Systems Database Administrator
Solucient, LLC - A Thomson Company